Thursday, July 11, 2013

My Life as a Student Ambassador: My 'Glad to be Globe' Story

I'm always on the go with my Blackberry 9320 under a Globe Postpaid Plan


My life as a student ambassador began when I applied and qualified for Kizuna(Bond) Project, a short-term youth exchange program in Fukushima, Japan, last March 2013. It was the first time that I'll go out-of-the-country and one of the greatest concerns I have prior to my departure is how to keep in touch with my family and friends. 

With my co-Student Ambassadors from the Philippines
Maybe you are expecting me to say that the Internet is what I needed most during my stay in Japan for 10 days but, honestly, I only had an access to the internet whenever we go back to the hotel after a very tiring day. For me, that is not enough because I always want to keep in touch with my loved ones whenever I go and a few hours of surfing the web before going to sleep seems so impractical that time.

At photo taken at a temple we visited in Tokyo
Good thing I brought my Blackberry 9320 with me. I never had a hassle roaming abroad since when I rebooted my phone right after arriving at Narita Airport, it automatically got roamed - it's one of the perks of having a Globe Postpaid plan!

Sky Tree Tower in the background
During my stay in Japan, I never had a problem checking on my loved ones in the Philippines and vice-versa. Whenever I am required to travel to different places in Fukushima, I always made sure that my mom knew about it so she did not have to worry about me. It's all made possible with Globe.

These are some of the things that I'm thankful for Globe and to add up to the euphoria, I'll be sharing the most unforgettable experience I had during my stay in Japan - definitely, it's a 'Glad to be Globe' story.

In our last day in Japan, my co-ambassadors and I went to Tokyo to stay for a night before going back to the Philippines. We were given the chance to roam around the city and we did the most out of it. We rode the subway and went to Akihabara to look for some gadgets. The night before we left for Tokyo, I did not have the chance to access the internet because I slept early and I wasn't able to ask my mom what gadget should I buy with the money she gave me. 

Here's where Globe came to my rescue! 
A photo taken at Akihabara, Tokyo.
I immediately sent a message to my mom in the Philippines using my Globe postpaid mobile phone and after a few minutes, I already got a reply from her. To cut the long story short, I was able to buy a 4th Generation Ipod Touch.




Last May, I also got chosen to be one of the 19 Google Student Ambassadors for the Philippines for this academic year. Two weeks ago, I once again had the opportunity to travel outside the country when we attended the 2013 SEARCH(Southeast Asia Outreach) Summit with Google in Yogyakarta, Indonesia. This has been another opportunity where Globe showed me the benefits it gives to its subscribers.


In every event that I attend as a Google Student Ambassador, I always make sure that I have my Globe Postpaid Phone with me. It does not only help me communicate with the people I work with but, it actually helps me create relationships that will last long.






Lastly, I would like everyone to know how proud I am to be a Globe Subscriber. Truly, Globe MAKES GREAT THINGS POSSIBLE. This has been MARK DAVID A. VALGUNA, and this is my 'GLAD TO BE GLOBE' story.





1 comment: