Monday, November 18, 2013

Dining Review: Cafe Riviera - The Heritage Hotel Manila


As the famous cliche says, Sunday is really Family Day!
This is the day of the week where families usually spend time together shopping, eating, malling and a thousand more things to bond with each other. And last Sunday, November 17, 2013, our family has decided to have our lunch at Cafe Riviera which is located at the ground floor of The Heritage Hotel Manila in Pasay City.

We had an Eat-All-You-Can lunch buffet at the Cafe Riviera and I wanna share with you all my experience at the said restaurant. At the end of this post, I'll tell you my overall rating for this restaurant.

----------INSIDE THE RESTO---------

Cafe Riviera may not have the most elegant interior but we can't deny the fact that it's still probably one of the most unique and most stylish restaurants out there. Furthermore, the tablewares, silverwares and plates used are of high quality. Cleanliness inside the restaurant is also well-maintained by the staff, which gives the guests one of the most comfortable dining experience.

Now, let's take a look at some of the photos I've taken inside Cafe Riviera.

The interior design of the restaurant is pleasing to the eyes.

Myparents requested that I take a photo of them.

The Soup station looks so cute with the different table decorations.


This is by far my most favorite shot of the day. It presents
the vibrant colors of the plates and tablewares which is perfectly blended
with the accents of the wood.


---------THE STATIONS---------


Cafe Riviera boasts of its various stations that guests can enjoy. The stations offer American, European and Asian cuisines and this means that you are not just confined with a small collection of food choices.

The salad station which is best for the vegetarians out there.


I can't remember what station it is but I'm pretty sure that everyone loved it .

Ice Cream! Oh, I just love Ice Cream and this is the first time I saw
a restaurant has its own Ice Cream Station! This is really the perfect station
for the people who have a sweet tooth.


Sadly, I haven't tried anything from the Tapas Station. I should have gotten
some since the food displayed here looks delectable!


This is the perfect station for pasta lovers! They have a wide variety of ingredients
that you can use for your own pasta sauce.


The Soup  Station!



A dining experience wouldn't be complete without eating fruits.
Desserts! And yes, you heard me right. I just love their array
of sweets and delicacies. But most probably the best part of this station
is the Halu-Halo - very pinoy indeed!


----------THE FOOD----------

This is what I ate for the first wave - Mini-Burgers and a fried chicken.
The chicken tasted very good but I'm  afraid I'm not used to the 'a-little-bit-hard"
texture of the bread. Nevertheless, it's still a dish worth trying.


Not familiar with this dishes but I know they tasted good.

Chose my own toppings for the ice cream I scooped up from the
Ice Cream Station. I just love the combination of the sprinkles and mallows
with the creamy chocolate ice cream.


Of course, I wasn't able to say 'no' to the Lechon.
This is comparable to the lechon served at the Marco Polo Plaza in Cebu City
Both are flavorful and delicious!



Tried some of the fresh vegetables and sea food.


Grilled fishes and meat.


Green Apples and Pears.



Desserts again! :)




Cafe Riviera surely has given me the best dining experience, so far.
The food are well-served.
There's a lot of dishes to choose from, in fact, I wasn't able to take a photo of all the stations.
I like the fact of unlimited iced tea because I desperately need those when I'm eating in a buffet lunch.

BUT, there is one thing I wanna COMMEND the CAFE RIVIERA for - their staff (from the receptionists, waiters, cooks way up to the chefs) is extremely HOSPITABLE, COURTEOUS and HIGHLY-CONCERNED about their guests. They always come to each table to unceasingly remove all the used plates, ask the guests if they need something and to fill the empty glasses with iced tea.

My experience with Cafe Riviera is surely one of the most unforgettable because of its staff. To sum up everything, here's my evaluation for Cafe Riviera:

Venue/Place: 8/10
Ambience: 9/10
Staff: 10/10
Food: 9/10








1 comment: