Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Puerto Princesa Escapade - DAY 1

PRE-DEPARTURE


With Ninoy Aquino

Last April 10, our family went to Puerto Princesa City in Palawan for a 3D 2N vacation. Initially, when my mom booked for a flight on Philippine Airlines' official website last November, we were scheduled to depart from Manila at 1pm on April 10 however, a few days before our scheduled flight, we were informed that we'll be leaving at 3pm instead. For most of them, it seemed more of a negative news, but I took it positively because somehow it'll give us more time to prepare our things going to the Philippines' City in the Forest.

True enough, I benefited much from the new schedule since I only packed my things on the same day of our flight. Indeed, that 2-hour delay in flight served as a useful allowance! Hahahaha!'


Solo picture of my brother with Ninoy Aquino


We left the house at 9am and headed to the Terminal 3 of the Ninoy Aquino International Airport in Pasay City. To think that NAIA Terminal 3 only caters to domestic flights, it is fair to say that it can keep up with the airports in our neighboring countries in comparison to the bad reviews presented by the local and international media. However, slight improvements are really needed in the areas of safety and aesthetics.

Anyway, it was not my first time to board a plane since I was sent to Japan as a Student Ambassador for the Kizuna (Bond) Project last March 18-27, so I did not have any problem following the procedures of boarding a plane.

 ON BOARD PHILIPPINE AIRLINES FLIGHT PR 943


Philippine Airlines

I was really amused by my mother when we were inside the airplane. She was fearful of boarding a plane because she thought that it is really dangerous. So the whole time we were inside the plane, all she did was to sleep while holding my father's hand (Sobrang sweet, diba?!)
My mom didn't look like she's afraid

Meanwhile, I just repetitively looked around trying to compare the interior of our country's flagship carrier (Philippine Airlines) with that of Japan Airlines. As expected, I ended up hoping that someday, PAL will be comparable with that of the world's front-runners in Airline Industry.


WELCOME TO PUERTO PRINCESA!

  
 
From Left to Right: My father and mother, yours truly, and my Aunt
I was really in euphoria when I first set my foot on this wonderful city! I realized that there is something special in visiting places in our country - maybe because aside from enjoying the picturesque view of mountains and beaches, we're trying to seek our roots, our identity as a Filipino; And that's what makes it more special!


A photo with a PFCI personnel
After arriving at the airport, we immediately headed to claim our baggage. Then, we went outside and saw a bunch of people each holding a placard with names written on it. We immediately looked for our names until we saw a lady holding one with my mother's name written on it. We went to her and she welcomed us very warmly. Right after that, she called the driver and guided us on the way to their vehicle.



NOTE: For everyone's information, most of the Travel Agencies/Hotels/Inns offer airport transfer to their guests. Usually, it is included to the package they offer. But, you can always rent a tricycle if you didn't avail of any airport transfer service.

Purple Fountain Courtyard Inn is just 5-minutes away from the Puerto Princesa Airport and that's a huge advantage because it lessens the chances of getting late on you flight! hahahaha!

I'll be making a different article about the inn. In the meantime, I'll tease you with these photos:
Purple Fountain Courtyard Inn's facade
You can sit comfortable at the lobby while waiting


At the lobby.
The inn is known for their candy colors

The accents of purple blended with pastel colors looked so wonderful!


Vanity struck me again. :)

The Purple Fountain!

FIRST ACTIVITY: SOUVENIR BUYING/SHOPPING


Having left the inn at 3:30pm, the most practical thing we can do that time is to buy souvenirs and delicacies since we won't be having enough time to do so in the following days. We then headed to what the locals call 'Tianggehan' and looked for Cora's Palawan Pearls and Souvenir Shop.

At the shop, we bought some shirts, accessories (necklaces, rings, bracelets, earrings, etc), and some of the city's delicacies. Sets of pearl accessories are sold from P200-1000 depending on the class. Earrings are sold P35 each or 3 for P100. Seriously, there are really a lot of stuffs you can buy at this store. Anyway, since I did not like much of their T-shirt designs, I went out and looked for other t-shirts in the neighboring stores. Fortunately, I found the designs I really want. Furthermore, I bought some keychains to give to my friends as 'pasalubong.'

Generally, the items sold at the 'Tianggehan' are really cheap. You can buy shirts from P85-P300 depending on the shirt color and design. White shirts are typically cheaper than the colored ones and shirts with customized design usually have twice/thrice the price of the ordinary shirts.


1 comment:

  1. Active ka na pla ulit sa blog mo...kainggit..pasalubong namin,,hahaha...jokw lng.. -el manalo

    ReplyDelete